Can you answer these movie trivia questions about Superbad and other Seth Rogen movies?
Let’s test your movie IQ with this challenging quiz about three Seth Rogen movies and some of the celebrities in them.
1. How many times is the “f” word used in Superbad?
2. There was a fight airing on a TV in the bar after the arrest of the homeless man in Superbad. Which former light heavyweight champion was in that fight?
3. What was the name used on the film prints when Superbad was shipped to the theatres?
4. In what language does Knocked Up translate to “A Little Bit Pregnant”?
5. In what language does Knocked Up translate to “Slightly Pregnant“?
6. Which of the following people did not make a cameo appearance in Knocked Up?
- Jessica Simpson
- Steve Carell
- Andy Dick
- Lindsay Lohan
- Eva Mendes
- James Franco
- Jessica Alba
- Ryan Seacrest
7. Writer/director Judd Apatow is married to one of the actresses in the movie Knocked Up. What is her name?
8. The “f” word and its variations are said a total of how many times throughout Knocked Up?
9. Steve Carell, star of The 40-Year-Old Virgin, was a former “reporter” for what television show?
10. In he 40-Year-Old Virgin, David (played by Paul Rudd) complains he’s tired of hearing which song that never even aired in the DVD?
Scroll down to see the answers.
Now it’s time to see whether you’re a movie star. Check your answers below, and then see the ratings chart at the bottom of this post:
1. The “f” word is used 186 times in Superbad. Since the movie is only 118 minutes long, that means the word was used approximately 1.6 times per minute. Eighty-four of the uses are by the character of Seth (played by Jonah Hill).
2. Former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell was the fighter featured on the bar television.
3. “Separation Anxiety” was the name given to Superbad film prints when they were shipped to some theatres.
4. Knocked Up translates to “A Little Bit Pregnant” in Russian.
5. The translation is “Slightly Pregnant” in Portuguese, which is also the title of a popular Brazilian song.
6. Lindsay Lohan is the only celebrity on the list who wasn’t in Knocked Up. Here are the parts each of the other cameo actors played:
- Jessica Simpson played herself at the award show
- Steve Carell played himself at the award show
- Andy Dick played himself at the award show
- Eva Mendes played herself at the award show
- James Franco played himself on E! News
- Jessica Alba played herself at the award show
- Ryan Seacrest played himself on E! News
7. Writer/director Judd Apatow is married to Leslie Mann.
8. The “f” word and its variations are said 113 times throughout the movie.
9. Steve Carell was a former “reporter” Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show in 1996.
10. The song David complains he’s tired of hearing is Ya Mo Be There by Michael McDonald.
So, how did you do on this movie trivia quiz? If you didn’t get most of the questions right, don’t worry; you’re not alone. They were hard!
If you enjoyed this Superbad trivia quiz, why not subscribe via RSS or e-mail to get free updates? See the sidebar for easy subscription options. We’ll be doing many more movie trivia quizzes!